Sunday, August 9, 2009

Happy 5th Birthday Collin!

This is a video I took of Collin opening presents. Thought it'd be faster/more convenient than multiple pictures.



Collin, what can I say? It's been an amazing day today! We're so proud of you for choosing all by yourself to go to primary instead of nursery at church today. And to top it off, you stayed in there most of the whole time. That hasn't happened for nearly 2 years! Mommy & Daddy were getting quite concerned but had no idea what to do. We're so thankful you're choosing to show your independence too.

Little by little thru the Spirit and trial & error thru different experiences, I am finally understanding your world. What I thought was a sensory issue turned out to be merely your frustration at wanting to do something yourself instead of Mommy "helping" you.

My birthday wish for you is to never stop being the sweet, sensitive little guy you are. More progress in certain things would be nice, but I'll wait for you to do things in your own time.

No comments: