Sunday, May 20, 2012

D & C 123:17

Seems May is almost over. These first few months of 2012 have really tested our faith. Well, I can't speak for Tom, but it has tested mine a lot. Two experiences have taught me that after we do all in our power, all we can really do is just put it in the Lord's hands and hope & pray things work out for the best. And if it seems it's not going the way we'd like immediately, to have the faith to keep moving forward anyway. Both experiences were about Collin. I have no idea what to think sometimes about him. We've prayed many years for him to improve. He has, albeit not as quickly or as much as we'd like. After I went to TOFW the beginning of this month, one of the speakers helped me to realize that while I'm "waiting" that I'm not enjoying the present like I should be.

In any case, we got 2 small miracles of being able to switch therapy companies, and also having his anesthesia paid for(not by us--a BIG deal since we're talking $400+ not even including the work on his teeth) for dental work this week. The second was quite the challenge. The dental insurance was supposedly going to cover it starting this year, and then they negate that once they get all the proper documents. Medical offered to pay after a sweet pediatrician answering our fax to request authorization, but the dentist office proved to put up a fight until this past Monday. All this because we did what was in our power and trusted the Lord.

No comments: