Friday, September 5, 2008

Update

Why do things have to get harder before they get easier?? Everything was settling in nicely with Tom's new job, Ivy & Collin starting back up at their schools, and I was finally feeling like I could actually breathe and relax. By the way, Ivy and Collin are both loving being in school.


Wednesday afternoon, that all came crashing down. Tom called me in the middle of Collin's therapy to let me know that the parent-company he was going to re-join(he was with them before the split-off) is retracting the job offer(even though he already accepted and and everything was almost finalized). We're guessing their retracting it because of Tom's deployment, which is BLANTANTLY illegal. They're legally obligated to keep his job or comparable job for him while he's gone, so he has something to come back to. Tom's filing a complaint, and getting a statement in writing from the company why they took the offer back.

At work(same buldings as the parent company he's transferring to) has this plastered all over the walls. This is why he wants the statement in writing from the HR department.



He has a company helping him with the complaint, who specializes in military situations like ours. If nothing happens with the complaint, we're going to government representatives over our district & the district the company is located in. After that, bring on the news stations! The sad/ironic part is that this is one of the top Defense Contractors companies in the contry..they get contracts from the military!!!!!!!! This is one fight we are going to give it our all.

3 comments:

Lam said...

That's awful! I'm so sorry to hear this!!!

EvaMarieva said...

We will be keeping you in our prayers through all this. I am sorry to hear that this came up.

Autumn said...

How discouraging!!! I'm sorry. I hope you come out on top of that. What a pain to even have to deal with that. Nice way to treat someone who's serving?