Friday, December 26, 2008

1 month almost down, just a little over 6 more to go

At least..that is the plan. We will see as the time gets closer.

Whew! I made it thru the first month. We've had a lot of 30-ish minute phone calls. Usually once or twice daily. It's hard though. Kuwait is 11 hours ahead of California time, and Tom is typically working night shifts there while I am on a daytime schedule here, falling asleep early each night. Sometimes when he calls it is 1:00 or 2:00 a.m (Kuwait-time). I am thankful he cares enough to check on us.

I have not been blogging much. I am getting more exhausted these days. Tolerance/patience level is way down..usually I'm ridiculously patient, especially with the kids. Grouchiness is way up..my daily cardio has been lacking. That and my emotions & feelings are all over the place. Not really processing anything. No time and to be honest, I don't really feel like dealing with certain things right now(of course, I grew up with the mindset of "if you ignore it long enough, maybe/eventually it'll go away"). Just have to keep moving forward. I also am trying to be the strong one for the kids.

Not really sure how I should be feeling. I feel like I am losing my mind and my sense of self. Everything is usually about the kids or Tom. I don't get much "me" time..not even the bathroom for 5 minutes without all heck breaking loose. Someday.

PS. Is it bad I have mostly stopped reading a good friends' blog because things go so well for their family compared to our challenges(not even including Tom's deployment)? If anyone is actually reading this post, it is most likely NOT you that I'm referring to.

5 comments:

Lam said...

From my perspective, the families of the deployed are just as heroic as those are are deployed themselves. You don't have to process your feelings or read blogs or anything else, for that matter, that you don't want to. The only thing you have to do is take care of your kids, and it sounds like you're doing a great job of it--even with the little frustrations and all. Please know that I am so grateful to have met and befriended such a wonderful person in you and that I think of you and your family often.

EvaMarieva said...

no you aren't bad. when things get stressful it is hard to hear about how blessed and great someone else's life it-at leats for me. I am working on not letting it get to me but I feel it is a human reaction. Love you and hang in there.

Sabrina O'Malley said...

You are a wonderful strong person, even if you many not always feel like it. Reading your blog gives me strength in my own trials. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

How Did Our Oil Get Under Their Sand? said...

I'm glad that you left your comments here. This is more than you usually say to me at any one time, and I like it that you tell me how you feel. You're a great wife and mother. Whether you feel like it or not, you're very much needed and appreciated. It has been the most rewarding experience in my life to share my life with you. You're doing great. I just hope that you can find some time for yourself, and take some breaks. You're not in this alone.

Steve and Rebecca said...

Wow!! That must be so hard!! I really enjoyed seeing your Christmas card and pictures of the kids. Glad Collin is making so much progress!