Monday, May 18, 2009

Perfect timing? (Ivy's homework)

So, as many of you may already know we had an earthquake here last night. It was originally labeled as a 5.0, but downgraded to a 4.7. Shook the house pretty hard. A few things rattled around, but nothing breakable fell or broke.

http://quake.wr.usgs.gov/recenteqs/Quakes/ci10410337.htm

So what's this got to do with Ivy's homework? Well, Tom's internet has been down for awhile now, so he's been calling home to talk after the kids go to bed. Ivy missed most of school last week(she and 5 other kids got sick, in a class of 20 kids), so I had her finishing up her homework to turn in today. The page she was working on, she had to come up with a fire safety rule, and write it on a pre-drawn firefighter hat. I was busting up laughing(so hard that I was crying) while trying to tell Tom her rule, when the earthquake started. Her rule? "Put out the fire."

No comments: