The 8th of July marked Tom's & my 10 year anniversary. It sure doesn't seem like it's been that long. Lots of blurs. It's funny how we remember some same experiences but remember different parts, or that there's some things I just plain don't remember anymore!
Anyway, to celebrate, it was VERY low-key, since Brent was a week and a half old when we went out and came with us, while the older kids were watched. We had thought we'd be about 7 pm-10 pm for the babysitter. First, we stopped at a Chinese restaurant around the corner for some dinner, even though neither of us was particularly hungry. It was nice to have quiet time to be able to talk. Brent, amazingly, slept the whole time. Then we stopped over at Home Depot to check out outdoor lighting for the room addition(something the city asked for). We ended up coming home around 9, after the kids were supposed to be in bed and *hopefully* asleep, since we were both so hammered from lack of sleep.
We may go celebrate on another day, once Brent's a little bigger and we can come up with more of a date idea.
I got Tom a present, which I wasn't sure how well it'd go over. I bought him a Starry Night tie back in April from some place in Florida, and kept it in the package it came in the mail in until a few days before. Good thing I had opened it before Tom because something happened with that batch of ties, where it was supposed to be yellow on a blue background was LIME GREEN! Anyway, got that all resolved and the replacement just came today(same design, just had the owner make sure we wouldn't have the same problem again). Tom's ties are all 10+ years old (and showing it), and I know he hasn't bought one actually probably since we started dating. First time ever buying him a tie, that's why I wasn't sure how he'd respond, but since we both like Starry Night it was a hit.
Here's a pic online:
http://www.tieguys.com/Detailed/4055z.html
No comments:
Post a Comment