Monday, February 27, 2012

Online window shopping/idea hunting

I've been going through multiple websites to help out get things organized around the house. One of the banes of this house is the hall linen closet. It's not the size so much as the door is super narrow, 17", while the rest is 26"x26".

Currently looks like this, on a good day, with a big space at the top that's not being utilized.


Awhile ago, I called up some random closet organizing company for free advice, and they said typically shelves in a closet like this should be 12"-14" deep and spaced about 12" - 14" apart in height.

An online design website, gave me a design of something like this. I don't know that I'd do a mix of wood & the ventilated type shelves. I kind of like the idea of the ventilated/wire shelves and maybe shelf dividers(like these).

Shelf dividers
Closet design

Eta: Thanks to my brother, I was able to get this custom design below.


No comments: