Sunday, April 8, 2012

Recent happenings

Family updates. Got a new/used car a couple weeks ago. Tom's 16 year old compact(we've had for 13 years) was needing about $1500 worth of repairs and the car was worth a lot less than that. After a couple weeks of looking, bargain shopping online(and awesome timing of federal tax return) we got a 2011 Hyundai Elantra and have already paid for over half the cost.

Tom wanted a farewell shot.

Here's the newer car:

The kids just had Spring Break--one of the longest weeks of my life! Collin also started up with his new therapy company this past week. Starting this next week through mid-June, I'm going to be taking a free class from the local community college once a week that's a Parent & Me style class for Brent. Obviously, Drew will be tagging along too.

What else? It's becoming more & more obvious Brent is quickly approaching the 2 yr mark. One minute he is so sweet, the next minute he's so beyond disagreeable that I'm not sure what to call it. He had/has the Ornery Ones, quickly approaching Terrible Twos. I sure hope we have the Terrific Threes instead of the Trying Threes.

I don't think I've sat in all of Relief Society at church in months(we switched times our ward meets after Christmas, and now naptime is supposed to be during sacrament meeting which usually isn't happening & someone's having MAJOR separation issues). Which means, I have got to put more effort in at home if I expect to have any semblance of spirituality left before the end of summer. Any tips from anyone who's able to squeeze it in with kids who need almost constant attention/redirection while they're awake?

No comments: