Ok, well not millions, but still a lot! Every year we deal with the same thing. Our tree likes to go peach crazy. This year I thought I'd try to outsmart it, and pluck blossoms(a little tricky since blossoms pop up during the rainy season, and then when it's dry again there are tons of bees around our tree). Didn't make any difference whatsoever. The tree has a mind of its own and its own agenda.
This year, they've decided to start falling earlier than I recall last year. And that peach song (Peaches by the Presidents of the United States) taunts me during the clean-up, picking and more clean-up process that lasts about a month to month and a half. I only can wish that song would get out of my head.
The tree so far. Note: this is actually an improvement over last week, when the front left was super low & drooping over the walkway up to the house.
How many we've picked(and not thrown away) today:
We're likely to be canning peaches & making peach jam for Memorial Day, but in the meantime, I've started "pinning" peach recipes. We've done smoothies, popsicles, and raw before so I was looking for some more variety. Here's what I've found so far: http://pinterest.com/icab/recipes-for-peaches-from-our-tree/
If anyone has any other ideas before we start doing jam and canning, let me know.


1 comment:
Lucky you!!! Wish we had a truckload of peaches here!!!
Post a Comment