Sunday, June 28, 2009
Update on Collin
Collin is starting to show genuine interest in engaging in more social interaction with me, siblings, and now the neighbor boy--whom I will address in a later post(can of worms). Anyway, I'm really excited to see this. I have spent many hours at the temple, and home (or wherever I am) wondering what's in store for Collin's future. It sounds bad, but for the most part, I did exactly what was described in a book "Special Children, Challenged Parents" about how the author basically let go of any dreams/expectations for his son's future so he could enjoy his son more instead of just focusing on things like "he'll never blah, blah, blah", etc. It does make things more bareable, in my opinion. And then when milestones are met there's more excitement for them. Even if they are years off compared to neuro-typical children.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment