Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Great news!

Well, Tom says that tonight at midnight I can open the parts of my present that I need to do a stroller walk/run with Ivy & Andrew tomorrow. That means, I'll open the package w/the portable speakers for show tomorrow when Collin's home after school or maybe around dinner time.

Not much to report on today. Trying to get Friday park days started back up. So far, I've got 1 taker, and 1 voice message left. The kids(Ivy & Andrew) really need out, and I really need conversations with adults.
Collin had therapy as usual, and I had my *somewhat dreaded* parent training. I have to take data on different behaviors we're working on getting Collin to replace w/more appropriate behaviors. One thing he's working on lessening is tantrums. We're working on teaching deep breaths, asking for breaks, and singing songs or counting when the deep breaths don't work. We're also targeting his aggression towards siblings(and sometimes me), and getting Collin to use appropriate phrases like "my turn", "excuse me", and "sorry". The last one is to keep track of his running off down the sidewalk or sometimes into the street--thankfully, we live in a very quiet, not very busy neighborhood. We're trying to get Collin to ask permission to "go see" first.


Andrew was such a ham for most of today. I was trying to get a picture of him doing his hand motions for "what happened?" and instead I get this(he's facinated w/the camera):



No comments: