Thursday, April 24, 2008

Rapunzel, Rapunzel, let down your long hair...?

Most of you know, Ivy's had long hair for awhile now. She's been growing out a very short hair cut from 2 summers ago.




This is how long her hair was as of last night.




(Ivy lying down on her bed)







We had a long talk w/Ivy last night. She doesn't brush her hair, and it tangles easily. So, it got cut today. I don't mind dealing w/the tangles so much, it bothers me though that she won't brush her hair. Am I expecting too much? She'll be 5 1/2 in two more months.



3 comments:

Natalie said...

I still comb Ellie's hair myself. Sometimes she wants to do it herself, but she doesn't know how to get the knots out gently and cries like it's extremely painful. She's very dramatic. So rather than argue about it, I just take the 2 minutes and do it myself.

I know I never combed my own hair until I was eight. My mom used to do my hair for me every day. But I was the only girl, so I imagine she enjoyed doing it. =)

Unknown said...

My problem with Sam is she tends to chew on her hair. Her hair is layered, so the pieces that fall around her chin she puts in her mouth. I have also told her if she wants to keep growing her hair out long, she has to let me do stuff with it to keep it out of her face. We will see who loses their patience first, me doing her hair, or her having her hair done!

Mindy said...

hmm, alright. maybe i'll brush it myself for now. i better go invest in some detangling shampoo & conditioner.

lol melody. i think ivy was growing her hair long was partly becuase i'm growing mine out too.