Ivy's dress is nearly done(it didn't take 2 weeks to make, I've just been busy)! I've even convinced her to wear it for school pictures on Tuesday. If we're paying for pictures anyway, might as well have her look nice in them, right? I'm just finishing hem on the ruffle & doing a self-made single bias tape on the armpits(out of the same fabric). It's a little hard to tell, but on the back there is a sort of ruching/gathering with elastic on the inside of the back piece. I may be making her a small matching purse, from an Amy Butler pattern, called
Stash & dash bags, since I have leftover fabric.
I haven't even started on the boys' pants yet, but I'm planning on using this online tutorial called "
10 minute trousers." Essentially, it's using the boys' existing pants or shorts as a pattern.

2 comments:
That is cute! You did a great job on it and I love the ruffle. It was nice to see you in person Saturday!
The dress looks great! I can't wait to all 3 kids in their matching outfits!
Post a Comment