Sunday, October 5, 2008

Pretty good weekend

Tom got the weekend off for Conference, without even having to ask permission. Apparently, the restaurant the Coast Guard goes to for lunch is closed on the weekends, and whoever's in charge didn't want to provide lunches for everyone! Awesome! I told Tom, I'd take any reason no matter how silly. He and the kids had good bonding time.

I can't wait till this Thursday when all the talks from Conference will be available to read. So many good things, I felt drawn to several talks. I loved Sunday morning, at the end, Pres. Monson's talk. That's where I got my quote I added to the sidebar.

The only downside to this weekend was that Tom checked out our compact car, (that we just had fixed a few weeks ago) since it's been giving us problems since we got it back. Sometimes the car plays nice, but it didn't yesterday. Turns out, the car place didn't fix the last fan belt like they were supposed to & it had a huge tear in it, and several bolts were loose. Nice. They just lost any future business from us. He's at his dad's fixing it. Hopefully they'll get it done tonight, since Tom has to drive it tomorrow and he's only going to be home in the evenings this week.

No comments: