Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Putting foot in mouth

That is exactly what Boeing is doing. Boeing is re-instating their job offer to Tom. The lady from ESGR, that has been working (on voluntary basis) for us, sent us the email from Boeing's lawyer. This is just me paraphrasing.

He(the lawyer) said the hiring manager was seeking advice since Tom would be "unavailable", and the lawyer didn't know it was because of "deployment." Also said something to the effect of he found out parts of the law(that protects us) that he was unaware of and didn't know that courts would see the job offer retraction as illegal.

Um..yeah..I don't believe that. They have the signs all over the walls, and I would think/hope that as part of Boeing's lawyers that he'd be pretty familiar with these laws. I think he got caught red-handed and wanted to make himself not look so bad. Thank you all so much for your prayers.

I actually found out the news before Tom. I pulled Ivy aside, and asked her if she remembers how she's been praying every night for "Daddy to get a job." She shook her head yes, and I told her that he has his job back now. I also felt the need to ask if she thought he got his job back because of her saying prayers, to which she again eagerly nodded her head yes. Then it was high-fives after telling Ivy that her prayers worked and that she doesn't need to pray for Daddy to get a job anymore.

1 comment:

Lam said...

I'm so relieved to read that this all worked out for your family!