Sunday, January 11, 2009

Stake Conference

Today, we actually got to conference ahead of time. That in and of itself was amazing. As we were sitting, with 15 or so minutes before it started, one of the counselors in the Stake Presidency introduced us to Elder Rasband(see photo) of the Presidency of the 70, who was visiting. He told a little of our situation(w/Tom away) to Elder Rasband, and Elder Rasband took a few minutes to talk to us. I don't remember much of what he said, as it was rather brief. They asked how it was going and without thinking too much I said that I was so thankful to be "adopted" into 2 families in the stake to sit with us. I do remember that he had such a strong spirit about him and was impressed that he wanted to meet w/people before the conference started. Anyway, I missed a bit of the talks, Collin was having a really hard time w/so many people there. Elder Rasband spoke at the end. At the end of his talk he was talking about President Monson always being concerned about the widows, poor & needy. And that we should do the same. Then he talked about single parenting and the need to buoy those up in the stake(single parents, widows, poor, needy), and not to assume someone else is helping out. I was almost in tears--I am fairly certain he was referencing us.

No comments: