Saturday, October 1, 2011

11 Years..time flies

This summer Tom & I celebrated our 11th anniversary. I made him a small book of "Top 11 things I love about you." I found directions online and I'll try to find the link to it if anyone's interested, but you cut out close to 4"x6" size of cardboard(we used cereal boxes) and cover both sides with scrapbooking paper. I wrote a few things in it(one per page), and hole punched three holes on the left vertical edge & tied with elastic ribbon. Oh, and I decorated the front with a scrapbook paper that had an alphabet on it, to give it a ransom-note type look.  I had originally cut out the cardboard and covered it, in the hopes someone or multiple someones would do a "top 30 things about you" for my 30th birthday this year, when we had friends over--my 1st ever "birthday party" that I invited people to--but that book didn't pan out since it was pretty busy and subtle hints don't work..lol

















This was #4 on my list: his singing. He made videos when he went to Kuwait almost 3 years back of his reading books to the kids. This one, he sent to me for our Valentine's Day apart. Obviously, he adapted the words to "Hey There Deliah" a little bit. He also had serenaded me, with a different song that spoke so much of our relationship at the time, when we were dating with a song in our singles' ward's talent show. Both times made me cry because I know he loves me so much.





For our anniversary date, our dear friend/neighbor watched the kids. It was our first date without Brent. We ate at Sizzler and afterwards went to the beach and walked into a head-on wind! It had been hot the whole week, but it was ice cold for being a summer evening.

No comments: