Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Shooting at Seal Beach hair salon today

For those who aren't local, this is about 10 miles from our home. So tragic this happened. The irony of the situation is that I was at another hair salon today just 2.5 miles away and had just left the area less than 30 minutes before this happened, to go get kids out of school--early outs this week. Didn't have my cell phone with me at the time, but on Tom's way home from work this was all over the news and called to check on me. We're sad it happened in such a nice, quiet area but so incredibly thankful that I'm okay and that the salon I went to was not where the shooting took place--especially since I had my consult today & found a really good stylist! From the tidbits I have heard/read  from people who are familiar with the salon involved, is that the shooter was an ex-husband or soon to be ex-husband of one of the stylist. What a poor choice that man made to involve so many people. Now the owners of the salon, as well as others, are dead.

http://news.yahoo.com/8-killed-southern-california-salon-shooting-234451134.html

No comments: