I've been inspired by
today's IHeartOrganizing blog post on using what you have but re-purpose it, as well as
another post she wrote on covering cardboard boxes in fabric so it looks nicer.
The idea hit me today when I found an empty shoe box.
 |
| Starting materials: Shoe box, 4 pieces of foam from a jewelry box, 2 pieces of 12x12 scrapbooking paper cut to size, 1 piece of fabric a little bigger than the bottom of the box(to cover foam), and outside fabric |
 |
| Using double-sided tape, I taped down the 5 pieces of scrapbooking paper that I had measured |
 |
| Added one layer of foam(2 pieces). The foam is to help it sit higher in the shoe box. |
 |
| Added the other foam pieces, this time, upside down. I had contemplated putting the phones & ipod just on the foam, but needed contrast, hence them upside down. |
 |
| Ended up covering the foam with the fabric, just tucked the excess in & under the foam |
 |
Testing out width. This'll hold what it needs to: ipod & 2 cell phones
All that's left is cover the outside of the box(need to run & get spray adhesive from Home Depot) & cut 3 holes for the chargers to reach through. |
1 comment:
Nice!!!!!
Post a Comment