Here's our take on these "Spirit Jugs"--originally found here, with all the directions. http://eighteen25.blogspot.com/2010/09/todays-project-spirit-jugs.html
We did google to find all the images. I let the kids pick the pictures & I free-handed them with a sharpie. For the left (Drew's), I reversed the colors of an image I found so the light would shine thru better. It's a mummy, in case it's not that obvious. I chose the middle for Collin, since he was getting to bed. Ivy chose hers & was happy to color it in by herself. The eyebrows were a last minute decision. Hopefully, we'll be thru 1 more gallon of milk by Monday so I can make one more. I cut holes in the back with a utility knife and tried out some colored Christmas lights, since we don't have white or clear Christmas lights.
Haven't made the other Halloween decorations yet, since I discovered the printer does not want to print on anything thicker than regular printer paper. I was hoping to print the images on a heavier paper, but it didn't work out that way. We still may make them, just not till this weekend & then hang them up by the door on Monday.

No comments:
Post a Comment