Sunday, August 31, 2008

Comfort & strength

Andrew & Grandpa Lewis



Friday night, very late, I got a Father's blessing from my dad. We were staying at the same hotel as they were for the wedding. With all that's going on/will be going on pretty soon, I've felt like I'm on an emotional roller coaster. So many things were said, some too personal to share here. I was blessed many times w/peace. I was also blessed that there would be angels watching over me & Tom. I am soo lucky & thankful to have a dad who can & is more than willing to give Father's blessings. I'm also very grateful to have seen my parents for the wedding, and to spend quality time(albeit short sometimes, due to restless boys) w/other members of my family. It's probably going to be awhile before the next time we're able to go see them.

2 comments:

EvaMarieva said...

A blessing can be such a comforting gift and I personally feel that no matter how worthy andamazing your spouse is there is something special about being able to receive them from your father as an adult. I treasure mine and am glad you were able to receive that comfort.

Autumn said...

Your parents are sweet-I'm so glad you got that blessing-sounds like you needed it.