Wednesday, April 1, 2009

April Fools' Dinner

I normally don't care for April Fools' Day, but I thought Ivy might enjoy it. We made cornbread cupcakes/muffins with chocolate frosting and meatloaf cupcakes topped with mashed potatoes. I let the kids pick out the food coloring colors for the potatoes. The cornbread was a big hit. Ivy helped frost it and was fooled till she tasted a bite of corn in it. If I had not added the corn, maybe she wouldn't have known. The meatloaf was only a hit with Andrew. Ivy told me "it's not nice to trick [her]," even though she tried to pull an April Fools' joke on me after I picked her up from school. Everything is soo one-sided with her.


Yes, she is wearing her swimsuit while frosting.


The meatloaf in cupcake wrappers and the colored potatoes. Ivy chose pink, Andrew picked blue & Collin picked green.




2 comments:

Lam said...

This is the BEST idea! I may have to do it...even NOT on April Fool's Day!

Mindy said...

it's all about presentation for kids.