Who'd have thought we made it this far through our journey? We certainly couldn't have made it this far without the help of friends & family. Thanks everyone, whether it was physically helping out in some way or just being a listening ear.
Time has passed relatively quickly, thanks to keeping busy with Ivy & Collin in school & therapy for Collin.
It reminds me of a quote I found several years ago by Albert Einstein: "When a man sits with a pretty girl for an hour, it seems like a minute. But let him sit on a hot stove for a minute and it's longer than any hour. That's relativity."
We've been pretty fortunate to not have so many of the "hot stove" type of moments these past several months. Not to say we haven't had our challenges: neighbor issues(a couple different neighbors, I won't go into either), behaviors from the kids, my running on less than 6 hours of sleep for about a week & a half and crying at everything because I was so drained, and Ivy throwing up several times this evening while the boys wanted me to play with them.
The end is in sight, and each day has suddenly started getting longer. I'm happy to report though that there have been some positive developments in recent days. Collin is getting more interactive, especially trying to say silly things(that he knows sound ridiculous) to see how I will react. For example "I want frosting"--we have none in the house over 98% of the time. He says this with a big smile, expecting tickles.
Collin has also learned to help with the washer & dryer, and will now ask me if he can "help laundry." Actually, all three kids like to help with that. Now, if there were only some way to get them to fold/hang up & put away their own laundry so it's not all left to me.
Another recent development is that I have been "fixing up" the master bathroom, with paint, new faucet, and a new shelf. My inspiration for the paint colors was the calm of an empty beach. I need more calmness in my life and treasure the moments when I can truly relax.
4 comments:
Yay! I'm so glad your time as a temporary single parent is coming to an end sooner rather than later! And I'm so very proud to read about your handiness. I wouldn't be able to figure out a new faucet on my own!
the hardest part of the faucet(at least for me) was getting the old one off--the right tool makes a big difference. i'll try to find the camera tomorrow & take a picture of it. i actually had to take out the 1st one i installed, some design flaw that was making it leak. the plumber said to just get a new one. the newer "replacement" one i got last week doesn't have that problem.
You have been such an example and now you are being Mrs. Construction & Repair. Man, I hope I can be like you one day and survive the hard trials. Thanks for helping us with recipes. I know it will be a big blessing!
lol eva..tom, he can do those jobs but he'd rather not--just not as motivated. so if i want something done around the house that makes it more asthetically pleasing, it's faster for me to do it. :)
Post a Comment