Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Pinterest Challenge: Pin #3

March 12:

DIY oatmeal packets.

So, the directions I got were simple. But, it does not take 10 minutes as she states, unless you have some serious help. Each bag took me about 30 seconds. I made 57 bags--put 10 bags into old instant oatmeal boxes we went thru the past week and a half--in just under 30 minutes. I think it would've been an even 60 bags, but I used a little of the oatmeal for something else (can't think of what off the top of my head) awhile ago.

As a heads' up if anyone is interested in trying it, I used 42 oz Quaker quick oatmeal and between 2-3 lbs of brown sugar.

Each bag gets 1/4 cup of the oatmeal and 2 Tbsp of brown sugar. It should be microwaveable like instant oatmeal. We tested tonight, and it does microwave in the same time. Tastes good too. :)



One packet put together--I used the regular snack size ziplock bags. The snack size probably would've worked better

10 packets fit in an old instant oatmeal box


All the leftover boxes I used for my 57 packets

1 comment:

gardenpat said...

Nice!!!!! It's one of those things to make that will save you a lot over the price of the packets from the store!!

Great job!!!