Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Pinterest Challenge: Pin #4

DIY foot treatment for dry/callused skin on feet.

Directions are here:

"First, soften the calluses: blend 2 Tbsp baking soda in a basin of warm water and add a few drops of lavender oil. After a nice long soak, scrub them away using 3 parts baking soda, 1 part water, and 1 part brown sugar. Follow with an application of a rick moisturizer and a warm towel foot wrap. Let sit for 5-10 minutes."

I let my feet soak a good 30 minutes. I wasn't in any hurry, as 3 of the 4 kids were already in bed. The lavender oil smell is still bothering me a little--not too surprised, I've got issues with another flower and it's pollen. It can probably be modified to without the oil.

For the scrub I did 1 part=2 tablespoons, since my feet sure needed a lot of help, in my opinion. I could've used half that and would've been fine. I ended up rinsing the scrub off, which the directions were vague on whether to do or not. My feet ended up about as well as with one of those egg-shaped foot things Target sells by their "as seen on tv" gadgets. The only difference was, this way leaves my feet smoother (as opposed to rough and dry).

Didn't get everything but just about--disclaimer: I walk barefoot whenever I can get away with it, and hardly wear socks unless I'm wearing shoes or my feet are cold so the feet on my skin gets rough and torn up a bit.





I used "Dr. Scholl's Ultra Overnight Foot Cream for her" after I was done and put socks on my feet  overnight.

Still got a few rough spots on the ball of my foot(left) and on the right edge, but I think if I'm consistent with this and not be barefoot so much it'll go away.

No comments: