Let me preface by saying that this is something I've been meaning to do for a long time, but because I knew how intensive the re-arranging of a room can be and how busy our afternoons can get, I've put this off for awhile. The opportunity, however, has literally been thrust upon us.
Grandma Gee(Tom's mom) decided to give us Collin's birthday present a couple weeks early. Collin's birthday is August 9th. She got the boys a very nice wooden bunk bed set, complete w/mattresses (and from what I hear, some Car-themed sheets). Collin has been, up till tonight, sleeping on a futon mattress(relatively flush to the floor) & Andrew in his crib, who knows how to climb out.
Took me a long time to figure out the diagram directions for 1 bed(small tiny pictures, not showing the pertinent info very well, and no written directions..wanted to prove to Tom that I could do it without his help since I recently fixed our car passenger door handle all by myself). Turned out well. I did need Tom's help for one stubborn bolt that apparently I couldn't get lined up right with a metal nut. It looks nice now with the bed all made and Collin sleeping in it, especially after I swapped the mesh anti-roll guard thing we used to have on Ivy's bed(since she doesn't roll off the bed anymore). Collin fell asleep long before I finished his bed, but Andrew is already totally jealous. Good thing there are two beds.
Now, to figure out where to move their dresser & how we're going to fit both bunk beds in the room, unstacked. Ivy's room is much bigger and there's only her in there. I do NOT want to move all 3 kids' stuff between rooms. Too much work. Besides, there's a couple reasons I can't/don't want to swap the kids' rooms. 1. Collin's room is directly across from the bathroom. Perfect for first thing in the morning stop to the potty. :) and 2. I've painted cars & jungle animals in the boys' room, and ivy vines in Ivy's room. I spent way to much time doing that just to repaint.
Oh..and pics definitely after I figure out logistics tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment