This'll be brief, since I'm cutting into sleep time.
Ooooh moment #1: The phrase "you're one workout away from a good mood." Once upon a few years ago, I met a celebrity trainer who coined this phrase. Working out is one of the things I really love to do, that I just have not, for whatever reason *cough, depression*, been able to get myself to do more than very sporadically these past several months. Thank goodness for diet, that I've maintained within 1-5 lbs of my weight loss since April till now. I had a workout in the morning and it did lighten my mood. Tom watched the kids those 30 minutes, and that made me smile. Tonight's cardio workout was a drag my feet to get started, but was easier once I got moving. I got 25 out of 36 minutes done. I've set myself up with something gentle enough to ease back into but give me the good swift kick in the seat that I need.
Ooooh moment #2: Tonight I pulled myself away from the computer (I am guilty of trying to numb myself/escape with computer games, Facebook & Pinterest) and decided to live in the present and play a board game with Tom & the kids. It's been awhile since I've played a real board game, and I reminisced to myself about how often we used to play pre-kids. Methinks that'll change this year.
Surprising service that made me happier than I thought: They say a cluttered house is often an outward sign of inner dealings. Today, I went to the spot that gives us the most grief: Ivy's room. It's a constant battle to get her to clean her room and she complains there's nowhere to put her toys. Granted, she was right. I found an idea online where it said to have the kids choose 3-4 types of toys that are their favorites only, so there is less overstimulation/boredom. So, today, I went in without her in there and threw away 2 trash bags of trash and 2 bags full of toys to donate. Voila. Problem solved. Sort of. She had a hissy fit that I moved stuff to bags, but by the time prayers came around tonight she was thankful(without any prompting by me).
1 comment:
Awesome ideas!
Post a Comment