Did a 5k color run Saturday, January 5. My body doesn't like it so much--my knees can't take the beaing and my low-back bothered me a majority of the day from about halfway thru the race till I went to bed. So, the plan was to have Collin run with Tom, who would be taking pictures. Didn't work out that way, and Collin ran with me. Between body aches, and hormonal shifts, I decided it was time for personal pampering, which is 100% guaranteed to be kid-free.
Pampering that works: Took a trip to a local fabric store, sans kids. I found a pattern online of making a long skirt out of jersey knit, that (when the directions are followed correctly) takes less than 1 hour start to finish. Unfortunately, I didn't follow the directions correctly on my test run so I have to start from scratch, but I should be able to get it done fast this week.
Pampering that works: Had a nice long, warm shower. Also I was non-bothered.
No comments:
Post a Comment