Today I am starting up my last Pinterest challenge pin (besides finishing up the blanket---which turns out, I probably won't have to mail. More about that later.)
As far as the happiness project of this year goes, I am still working on it but haven't written most of it down. A dear longtime friend of ours has his last week or two left with his wife. She had breast cancer that she beat, but also has a brain tumor that is taking a turn for the worst. It has caused me serious reflection on what my relationships are with those who are closest to me(Tom, the kids, my family, and the in-laws). I have a lot of work to do if I hope to be even half of what our friend's relationships with his spouse & children are.
I am actively working on being more present with the kids, to not tune them out, working on marriage--with all the overtime, issues at work, and roadshow practice I have been so tired by the time Tom is home that I've had to save most of my conversations with him to emailing during the day--to let him know he is truly my #1. I have been actively trying to pull more of my share that I admit I haven't. I am actively working on meeting my daily personal needs of exercise(I have gained 1 clothing size back from what I lost last year, but seriously need it for the mental benefits/stress relief too) and remembering not to put myself last on the list for hygiene(teeth brushing is the only one I'm consistent at). I have also started up regular individual scripture study after realizing I was over 50% behind on a 12 week read-along the whole RS in our ward is doing(there is a follow-up RS night and I am sure they will call on me for my thoughts and insights). I really can't tell you when the last time I had individual scripture time was. Way too long.
2 comments:
Wish I was there to give you a big hug! It's alwa t's good to evaluate ourselves to see where we can improve! In doing this though, make sure you recognize all of your strengths and goodness! You are an amazing woman and you need to remember that!
You are inspiring me to be a better person, Mindy. With two that are 2 and younger, I know I've put myself and personal things on the back burner. It's not easy to strike that balance for me yet. Keep going- you are a great inspiration!
Post a Comment